Be of Service...

I had the pleasure and honor to photography the Hospice of Souther Maine's’s annual Meeting and the guest of honor was SSG Travis Mills! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Like many in the audience, I have had my share of up’s and down’s and needed to have some inspiration from others! Travis, you have a gift and it shows! Your humor, good looks, charm, courage, determination, inner strength, faith, the power of believing and inner beauty is powerful! Words can’t describe what I felt to be in your presence! I loved how you were just you and nothing was stopping you to be the light and to share your story!

I loved reading the Author's Notes in Touch as They Come by SSG Travis Mills with Marcus Brotherton, in it Travis says; "The first is that I don't hold the value of my service in the military above anyone's else's. I don't think I served better or harder or greater than any other solider. I'm just thankful I was able to serve my country. If you were in the service or are serving now, no matter what your job is, I want to tell you I'm hugely thankful, personally. If you aren't a veteran, but you support our military service members, then thank you for that support as well. Sincerely, it means a lot to me.

Second, even though I've been wounded badly, I don't think the challenges in my life are any greater than anyone else's. Sometimes after people hear my story they say, "Man, I don't know if I could press forward like that, and overcome challenges like you have." But I say everybody, faces challenges in life, big and small. My problems are no greater than yours. Simply put, yours are yours, mine are mine, and we're all in this together." 

Popular Posts